A few thoughts:
- That was a WWE-like move by Wade to drag Rondo to the hardwood, and I have no problem with it. It wasn’t dirty at all, just good hard-nosed basketball.
- Celtics fans really need to chill on the whole “Dirty Play” talk, it is a physical series and will be played that way until it is over. Deal with it your team is doing the same thing.
- Rondo has earned my full respect playing with that hyper-extended elbow. To put it into context that same injury sidelined a HS teammate of mine for six weeks. The pain Rondo must have been experienced whenever he moved that elbow is unfathomable.
- On the other end, the Heat have to hang their heads in shame for letting a dude with one arm ball out against them, run the dude through screens, make him crossover, hell foul him again, ANYTHING but let him tear you up with one arm.
- Well this all was exciting and all, this does not compare to the “Flu Game” or anything Steve Nash has done in this decade. Rondo had some nice plays with one arm, but the other performances involved players playing at their normal level or greater with a ailment of some sort. Rondo played capably with one arm and it was great, but it was nowhere near the level of those classic performances.
*Waits for 1000 comments from Celtic fans calling me a douchebag and a homer of some sort*
Here is the Video (Provided by NBA)