After delivering one of the most entertaining pre-season performances in team history, the Toronto Raptors will look to continue their strong play against the Detroit Pistons tonight.
The Raps emerged with a 102-95 victory over Real Madrid Monday evening, despite not having the services of Kyle Lowry and Jonas Valanciunas. The game hardly resembled pre-season action, except for the fact that Dominic McGuire got 9 minutes of PT. Other than that, it was as competitive and hard-fought as the games you’ll see in April.
Fans should be hoping for a repeat performance tonight, as the Raps head to Detroit for the first half of a home-and-home with the Pistons. Like Toronto, the Pistons feature a young and exciting roster that’s eager to escape the bowels of mediocrity. The game tips off at 7:30 p.m. ET and we’ll have the recap for you here when it’s finished.
Until then, satisfy your Raptors lust by checking out today’s edition of Raptors Roundup.
- Need some info on the Raps and Pistons before you sit down to enjoy tonight’s pre-season game? Just click here, and try not to overdose on game notes. Thanks, NBA.com.
- Raptors prized prospect Jonas Valanciunas will be making his debut tonight. He will only be playing about 10-12 minutes, but the young man is understandably excited, according to Doug Smith of the Toronto Star.
- Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun also wrote a preview of JV’s debut, and it features this quote from John Lucas III: “Every time he gets the ball in the paint he’s trying to dunk it, so it’s either going to be a dunk or a foul.”Awesome.
- Speaking of JL3, Eric Koreen of the National Post wrote a nice piece on the Raps backup PG, who has been dubbed “Mr. Positive.”
- And finally, although tonight is one of new beginnings, let’s not forget former Rap Tracy McGrady, who wrote a flattering letter to his former teammates after signing with the Qingdao DoubleStar Eagles. I’m pretty sure that’s a basketball team.
Austin Green is the editor of Raptors Rapture. “Like” Raptors Rapture on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @RaptorsRapture for all the latest news and updates about the best damn NBA team from Canada.