The rematch of Wednesday’s tight game occurs tonight at the ACC, where the Raps will try to be ungracious hosts.
- Jonas Valanciunas OR Andre Drummond? – Two plausible RoY-candidate bigs will butt heads…which one projects to be the better player? JV has the edge in professional experience & on offence, but Drummond is a physical marvel and will impact the game defensively. I hope we’ll see these guys square off in isolation a few times.
- John Lucas III – a significant find, or playing over his head? Little John has brought smiles to our faces already, but it’s just 2 pre-season games. Can he hit double figures again in scoring while dishing out assists & defending?
- The Pistons backcourt – Most NBA commentators think the Raps will need to leapfrog this team in order to have a playoff shot. From what I’ve seen, the Pistons’ guards are unimpressive. Can they be exploited?
- Pace – Coach Casey has been urging his charges to play fast, despite some regrettable turnover numbers. Can we harness the Good in speedy ball (odd man rushes & easy buckets) without the Bad (turnovers) & the Ugly (intercepted passes leading to easy hoops for Detroit)?
- Depth – This Raps team is deeper than any in years. Will we see them all get some burn, including the BoBs [Back of Bench]? And, can they hold their own when the starters are sucking back Gatorade?
Brian Boake is a staff writer for Raptors Rapture. “Like” Raptors Rapture on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @RaptorsRapture for all the latest news and updates about the best damn NBA team from Canada.