A new year brings a new opportunity for you, our faithful readers. We want to encourage more comments about our articles so here’s a contest. The best commenter starting today & until the All-Star Game on February 17, 2013 will accompany me to a Raps game sometime this season as my guest. I haven’t chosen the game yet, but during the post-All-Star period the Raps play the HEAT, Grizzlies, & Knicks among others. I’m willing to offer the winner a say in the game selection, based on their schedule & preferences. (If you’re a fan far from Toronto, enter anyway – if you win, I’ll send you a piece of Raptors swag from my collection, & we’ll consider the ticket an open-ended promise to be fulfilled some happy day when you visit.)
Austin Green, Editor of Raptors Rapture, & I will decide who is the “best” commenter. We are looking for the reader whose comments are thoughtful, succinct, & well-written.
The critical guidelines:
- no ad hominem attacks, on us or anyone else. If you chose to preface your comment with “You’re an idiot…” don’t expect to win. However, a comment which begins “Your argument is idiotic, & here’s why…” is fine (assuming your rebuttal makes sense – see below).
- It follows from the above that whatever your position is, it must be cogently argued. You’re welcome to vehemently disagree with anything you like, but you won’t make headway with us if you can’t clearly articulate your thoughts. Just telling us we’re wonderful won’t get you very far either.
- Bonus marks are available for guest posts, interesting topics for us to cover, etc.
- Spelling, punctuation & grammar matter!
- We need at least 3 comments from someone during the contest period before they can be considered a contestant.
- We’re not obligated to pick anyone as the winner.
Let’s hear from you. We want to encourage a dialogue, so we will do our best to respond to as many comments as we can. The Raptors may yet be able to salvage something positive (like a playoff berth?) from what has been a train wreck of a season, & you can watch it first hand.
Brian Boake is a staff writer for Raptors Rapture. “Like” Raptors Rapture on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @RaptorsRapture for all the latest news and updates about the best damn NBA team from Canada.