Tier 5: Solid tertiary options
22. Bennedict Mathurin, Indiana Pacers
21. Devin Vassell, San Antonio Spurs
20. Jordan Clarkson, Utah Jazz
19. Gary Trent Jr, Toronto Raptors
The Pacers could de-emphasize Buddy Hield and make Mathurin one of their go-to players after a dominant rookie year. Vassell might not be the main man in San Antonio anymore due to the presence of Victor Wembanyama, but he has been a sneakily effective player in relative anonymity.
Clarkson was once again a defensive negative who makes up for it with mercurial scoring. Trent’s numbers may have taken a dip last season, but he could easily bounce back under Darko Rajakovic. Look for him to challenge for 20 points per game this season.
Gary Trent Jr. is a quality shooting guard for the Toronto Raptors.
Tier 4: Automatic Scorers
18. Terry Rozier, Charlotte Hornets
17. Jalen Green, Houston Rockets
16. Jordan Poole, Washington Wizards
15. Anfernee Simons, Portland Trail Blazers
Rozier’s numbers might be the product of a bad team letting him get as many shots up as he wants, but he wouldn’t be afforded that luxury if he wasn’t a terrific player. Green is in much the same boat, although his ceiling is infinitely higher than Rozier’s is.
Poole will get to really flex his muscles this season on a Washington team that is going nowhere fast. Simons, who was once a hot trade target for the Raptors, needs to show he can coexist with Scoot Henderson and Shaedon Sharpe in a young backcourt.
Tier 3: High-End Starters
14. Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors
13. Tyler Herro, Miami Heat
12. Tyrese Maxey, Philadelphia 76ers
11. Desmond Bane, Memphis Grizzlies
10. Mikal Bridges, Brooklyn Nets
9. Dejounte Murray, Atlanta Hawks
Thompson might be much less effective in his old age, but he can still catch fire from deep as quickly as anyone in the league. Herro plays minimal defense, but that shooting ability is worth his expensive price tag on a Heat team that lacks offensive pizzazz.
Maxey has shown the ability to emerge as a third star on a talented 76ers team. Bane’s sniping is critical for the Grizzlies, and Bridges will continue to emerge as a star with a Nets team that is all-in on him. Murray, who was recently extended, figures to be a big part of Atlanta’s future.